Today I have a super fun technique to share with you! It is called Faux Patina. Let me show you the card and then I’ll tell you all about the technique. I received this card from fellow demonstrator Theresa Panny in our monthly INKredible Impressions 1:1 card swap.
Isn’t it pretty! That shimmery embossed card stock is the faux patina. To achieve this look you will need the following supplies:
- Big Shot
- Embossing Folder
- Light colored or Whisper White card stock
- Ink: 1 light color/shade, 2 medium shades, 1 dark color, and VersaMark
- Embossing Buddy
- Silver, Gold or Pewter embossing powder
- Heat Tool
Instructions (adapted from Splitcoaststampers):
- Using the light color ink, apply ink to 1 side of the embossing folder. Place card stock in the folder and emboss with the Big Shot.
- Using a sponge add additional shades of ink to the embossed card stock. Add colors from lightest to darkest shade. Don’t put on even layers of color. By varying the intensity of the ink you will create more depth and richness.
- Rub embossing buddy over the embossed card stock. Apply Versa Mark in a random pattern to embossed card stock. Apply embossing powder, shake off excess and heat set with heat tool.
I’d love to know what you think of this technique! Do you think you will give it a try?? Leave me a comment and let me know. If you’ve never left a comment before all you have to do is to click on the title of the post, scroll to the bottom of the page and enter your comment in the comment box. Sometimes comments may take a little while to appear.
You can order the supplies to make this project directly from my Stampin’ Up! Online store. Click here to shop now.
Sale-A-Bration is here! Shopaholics unite! For every $50 you spend, you’ll get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product! Visit my online store to start shopping.
Sale-A-Bration is here!
Jan 22 – March 22!