Introducing the new and improved Stampin' Trimmer! Although paper trimmers are a common crafting tool, this trimmer was designed exclusively by paper crafters for paper crafters-and because it was made by Stampin' Up!, you know it's a cut above the rest!
Let’s go over all the features of the new Stampin' Trimmer and then I’ll show you the first card I made using it!
An extra-wide 6-1/4" cutting base and an extended 14-1/2" ruler
- The extra-wide cutting base provides a large work area and is marked in 1/4" (4 mm) increments, allowing for small measurements.
- The right-side grid helps you measure and cut very thin strips.
- The extended cutting arm has a stabilizing leg to provide a sturdy and steady cutting surface for longer cuts.
- When fully extended, the extended cutting arm sits flush with the trimmer base, providing more accurate and consistent measurements across the entire surface.
- The cutting base and track include a full ruler, incorporating measurements down to 1/16" and grid lines that mark each quarter inch.
- All rulers and measurements on the base are printed under a plastic cover so your measurements won't wear off.
- The base has nonskid feet, which keeps the Stampin' Trimmer securely in place on your work area.
A full 12" cutting and scoring track
- The extra-long cutting track has space at the top and bottom so you don't have to take the cutting and scoring blades out when you're not using them.
- The track gives you enough space to cut or score a full 12" (30.5 cm) without having to remove or switch out handles.
- The cutting track locks in place for secure storage or transport.
- The track includes an insertion point for cutting and scoring blade handles so you can easily insert handles into the cutting track.
Specially designed handles and cutting track to ensure straight cuts
- The hook on the scoring and cutting blade handles keeps the handles stable so the cuts are as straight as possible.
- Handles come in two colors: dark for cutting, light for scoring.
- The precision tip on the cutting blade allows you to pinpoint precisely where you're cutting.
- The point on the side of each handle shows you where the blade will cut, making it easy to see exactly where your cuts and scores will begin.
Storage compartment under base
- Separate compartments within the storage compartment keep your tools organized, and the clear cover makes it easy to see what you've stored.
Whew! That’s a ton of features! Who knew we needed that many features in a paper trimmer! LOL But to get a good, consistent cut, these features are important. Let’s check out my card.
I CASE’d (Copy And Share Everything) this Christmas card from a recent Stampin’ Success Magazine. I choose to make this card first because I needed to cut a sheet of 8.5x11 card stock in half and I also needed to make several thin, short cuts of DSP from paper scraps. The papers are different weights and I wanted to test the trimmer with both types of paper. I must say I really liked how the trimmer preformed. The cuts were straight, there was no tearing, and the blade glides smoothly. I didn’t need to press down hard to make the blade cut well. I used a steady even pressure and pulled the blade towards me. I am looking forward to using the trimmer on a regular basis and I really think you will too!
You can order your Stampin’ Trimmer right from my website. Just click here to shop now!
Now available! The Texture Boutique
Now available! The Talking Tag Message
iPhone users: now available the FREE Simply Sent app!