Now that my sister is engaged I have been drafting ideas for invitations and party favors for the upcoming engagement party and bridal shower. Most of the ideas are mostly thoughts yet to be translated into a sketch let alone an actual project, but I’ve been anxious to try my hand at making those cute paper cones that you can fill with treats. Usually you see them hanging off the back of a chair.
BTW – if you are a newsletter subscriber and you are looking to see who the winner is of my retired list contest – be sure to read to the end :)
I think it is just adorable! What do you think? I have several ideas for different versions of this party favor, so be on the lookout for more to come!
Some tips when creating your paper cone:
- When you create your paper cone you want to use a strong adhesive such as sticky strip to secure the cone.
- If you are going to decorate the top of the cone with ribbon the way I did, you want to embellish it prior to securing the cone closed. It is much easier to embellish the paper cone with the ribbon while the paper is still flat and not cone shape.
- Instead of a paper handle use ribbon or lace.
- If making for a bridal shower, instead of using the punched flower medallion to embellish the front of the paper cone stamp the bride-to-be’s monogram on the front of the cone.
- Use light weight treats to fill your paper cone.
What ideas do you have to embellish the paper cone? I’d love to know – just leave me your ideas in the comment section below!
And now for the winner of the $20 product gift certificate from me – Terry Callaghan! Congratulations! You won the mailing list subscriber exclusive contest and had the most correct guesses for stamp sets that will be retiring from the Idea Book & Catalog! This is just 1 of the perks for being on my mailing list! You can sign up for my mailing list below