If you love cute little bunnies then I have the Easter card for you! I have so many things I want to share with you about this project that I’m not even sure where to start…..I guess I’ll start with the card
Isn’t he too adorable! I love this little card!
And what about the designer paper! That is the brand new Summer Smooches DSP! It will not be available until April 1st, 2012. You are getting a sneak peak! This Designer Series Paper has the following coordinating colors: Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, and Rich Razzleberry. I am loving this paper! I’ve got several projects planned using the Summer Smooches DSP so be sure to stay tuned! You can subscribe to my blog’s newsfeed by filling out the subscribe box on the right.
I was inspired to make this card from a challenge on the Paper Crafter’s Library. I receive their weekly newsletter and every Monday they issue a Makeover Challenge just for newsletter subscribers. The challenge is to use their project sample as inspiration and make it into a card, scrapbook page, or other project. From their sample I came up with the above cute bunny card!
To make the bunny you will need the following supplies:
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo
- Punches: full heart, blossom petals builder, large oval, ¾” circle, small heart
- Other: googly eyes
Instructions for bunny assembly:
- Punch the following from Early Espresso CS: 1 full heart, 2 large ovals
- Punch the following from Pink Pirouette CS: 2 ¾” circles, 2 large petals using blossom petals builder (there are 4 different petals on this punch: small, medium, large, and XL)
- Punch the following from Melon Mambo CS: small heart
- To make ears: layer the Pink Pirouette petals on top of the Early Espresso large ovals. Attach to back of Early Espresso full heart. I folded 1 ear down a little bit. Note: the heart is upside down.
- To make face: adhere googly eyes. Slightly overlap the 2 Pink Pirouette ¾” circles to make the cheeks. Adhere Melon Mambo small heart over seam to make the bunny’s nose.
I’d love to know what you think of the new Summer Smooches DSP and this cute Easter card – just leave a comment below!