Do you have a memo board somewhere in your home or office that you post photos, invitations, coupons, and the like? I do, actually now that I think about it, I have a few of them – 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the laundry room, and 2 in the playroom/my crafting area. Let’s admit it, they are cute and they keep those important little things that you don’t want to misplace handy.
Memo boards are pretty easy to make and because they are so practical they make great gifts! I made this memo board with the Spice Cake Designer Fabric. Feel free to use one of our other fabrics for a completely different look.
To make this memo board you will need the following supplies:
- Spice Cake Designer Fabric (half of a fat quarter)
- Victoria crochet trim – 48 inches
- Vanilla seam binding – 42 inches
- 2 Cork sheets
- Soft Suede 12x12 card stock
- Card board packaging from any Designer Series Paper (or any other heavy weight cardboard that is 12x12)
- Sticky strip, Crystal Effects, and multipurpose adhesive
Tips during assembly:
- The finished size is just over 12x12.
- Use the multipurpose adhesive to adhere the cork sheets to the heavy weight cardboard. Then use the multipurpose adhesive to attach the batting to the cork sheets. Don’t be heavy handed with the liquid adhesive because it will seep through the batting. Then let it dry before you attach the fabric.
- Use the sticky strip to attach the fabric to the board. Start with the corners and be sure to pull the fabric taught.
- Use the Crystal Effects to tack down the crochet trim & seam binding to the board.
- The Soft Suede 12x12 card stock will cover the back of the project to give it a finished look.
- To hang the memo board you could attach a ribbon bow to the board or use a simple picture hanger.
Who will you make the memo board for? Leave a comment and let me know.