Are you wondering what the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamp is?? Well the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps are a brand-new stamp product from Stampin’ Up! But instead of stamping ink to paper, you are stamping cookies – no ink required!
Who doesn’t like cookies, especially kids! The easy-to-use cookie stamp has a solid wood handle with three interchangeable stamp images: a heart, a jack-o-lantern, and a snowflake. Just make your favorite shortbread cookie dough (or one of the two included recipes) and stamp away! Create beautiful, hand-stamped cookies in a flash. The stamp images are completely food-safe and child-friendly.
Do you have someone on your holiday gift giving list who is a baker? Pair the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps with some handmade recipe cards using the From the Kitchen stamp set to create the perfect gift!
Maybe you are the baker in the family? Then pick up the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamp for yourself along with the new food safe Kraft boxes. Package up some homemade cookies in the Kraft boxes and tie some pretty ribbon around the box – tada! – a yummy handmade gift!
Don’t pass up the opportunity to get this great gift! The Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamp is only available through January 3, 2012. Order yours now by clicking here.
Here is a Shortbread Cookie Recipe from one of my favorite chefs – Ina Garten:
- 3/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture.
- Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut with a 3 by 1-inch finger-shaped cutter.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Happy scrapping (and baking)!