Back in July I shared with you my top 10 favorite new stamp sets from the 2011-2012 Stampin’ Up! Idea Book & Catalog. Today we are taking a look at my #7 favorite set the Not So Seriously Stamp Set.
This is a witty set perfect for those cards just for the ladies. But don’t just think of it for women only. It is really a versatile set that will work for men, women, and even children. Take a look at the images and phrases in this set.
The cute puppy image would work on a variety of projects from a scrapbook page about your favorite pet to a group birthday card for a co-worker. Many of the sentiments in the Not So Seriously Stamp Set can be mixed and matched together giving you many options. Plus I like that you can use the phrases on the front of the card or as an inside card sentiment.
The card I made today features the girlfriend image. Doesn’t she just seem like your best girl friend?? And the sentiment I choose for the front of the card is something I would say to my best girl friends.
Isn’t she cute? LOL Are you trying to guess what is in that gift bag? I’m sure it is something marvelous!
Let me share with you how to make this fabulous card.
- The card is a standard 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” and the card base is made from Blushing Bride card stock.
- Using the 1-3/8” circle punch, punch out 11 circles in a variety of colors and patterns. I used leftover scraps from other projects to punch out the circles. My circles are made from: Berry Blossoms DSP, Lucky Limeade card stock, and Calypso Coral card stock. Adhere the circles to the card base. (FYI: I only punched circles you see there are no circles under my matted stamped images)
- Cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock to 3-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 3-1/4” x 2-1/4” and stamp the lady and gift bag images using Stazon Ink. Stamp your sentiment in Calypso Coral.
- Notch the corners of the Whisper White card stock with the Ticket Corner Punch.
- Using Blender pens and a variety of ink colors of your choice, color in the stamped images. I used Daffodil Delight (her hair), Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Real Red (her lipstick), and Lucky Limeade.
- Adhere the Whisper White card stock to the Wisteria Wonder card stock and then adhere to card base.
- Use the 4 petal flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and punch out 3 Lucky Limeade flowers. Slightly bend up the petals and adhere to Lucky Limeade punched circles on card base. Tada! Your card is finished and ready to give to your BFF!
What cards would you make with the Not So Seriously Stamp Set? Leave a comment and let me know.